Scottish Continuity was formed in 1995 to enable the free-flow of information on best practice in Business Continuity Management in Scotland. At its inception membership was limited to Business Continuity professionals actively involved in the Financial Services industry. Over a short period of time membership increased, as did the scope of public and private sector operations represented.
The organization is dedicated to the following objectives:
- Acting as an independent forum for benchmarking current Business Continuity practice.
- Encouraging and supporting the application of Business Continuity 'best practice' through networking events, conferences and training events.
- Encouraging the development and provision of Business Continuity related education, training and development activities within the Scottish Training Provider community.
- Encouraging and supporting conferences, meetings, seminars and social events arranged for the benefit of the membership on a non-profit basis.
In order to achieve these objectives, Scottish Continuity shall:
- Offer appropriate membership levels to attract a comprehensive and representative membership throughout Scotland; including student, individual and corporate.
- Facilitate the exchange of information regarding Business Continuity Management and Incident Management and Co-ordination within all sectors of services, industry and commerce in the public and private sector for the benefit and in the interests of the individual members, their employers and clients.
- Encourage and support the integration of Business Continuity Management into the day-to-day management structure of member organizations.